Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Reaction --> Joe

I think Joe is correct in believing that at this point Macbeth has accepted death. When Macbeth kills the soldiers that first find him in his castle, he is fighting without fear, because of what the witches have told him. When Macduff and Macbeth have their final showdown and Macbeth learns that Macduff was born of a c-section, his quote about life fully hits him. Macbeth realizes that he was an idiot who let his rage consume him and so he "fret his hour upon stage" and will no longer be remembered.

3 comments:

  1. I think that this is a really interesting take on things. The fact that Macbeth has come to inherit his own quote in battle with Macduff is an interesting perspective on that particular scene, as well as how Macbeth knows he has no legacy to leave behind, and thus has wasted his time upon the Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your post brings up an interesting perspective on the play Macbeth. I think that Macbeth does inherit his own quote as you said. I also think it is interesting on how you talked about how Macbeth realized how he was consumed by rage, guilt, and greed and how he sees his wrong doing at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do agree that Macbeth did stand against Macduff even though death was certain but I don't think Macbeth was so much consumed by power, rage or greed as he was overwhelmed with Paranoia. Fear that he would inevitably lose his throne to Banquo's children. Rather the rage he felt was a product of what sins he committed as a result of his paranoia and fear.

    ReplyDelete