Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hallucinations


When Macbeth was at the dinner that night he started having some crazy hallucinations. He was seeing that Banquo, his former best friend was right in front of him. Shakespeare mentions a lot about all of these hallucinations. It has gotten to the point that even the hallucinations in the story have truly affected the main character deeply and is making him feel more uncomfterable than he actually should feel. Because of these hallucinations Macbeth is in a state of a mental prison. The guilt of everything he has done is actually causing him these hallucinations. It goes to show you that maybe shakespeare had some personal experiences with these crazy hallucinations.......

5 comments:

  1. The hallucinations in the play, especially the ones Macbeth experiences are definately significant. I agree with what Brendan said about how much they affected Macbeth. I'm not sure about Shakespeare having had hallucinations though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your opinion that Macbeth is stuck in a mental prison. His guilt and remorse are very evident and help to show his prison state. I also agree with your last line. I have been thinking the same way all along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your post on How Macbeth is trapped within his own mind with the hallucinations. I also like your last line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally think that Shakespeare did a little business with Dr.Dank.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brendan Kelly said:
    "I personally think that Shakespeare did a little business with Dr.Dank"


    Don't you mean Dr. Rank, Brendan? (Joke from F block animation)

    Anyway, I do agree Shakespeare used the hallucinations as a method of presenting how the guilt and grief has consumed and overwhelmed Macbeth and his wife.

    ReplyDelete