Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Peer Reaction-Tommy, Grant, Brendan


In Act 5, Macbeth is faced with a life or death situation. He has the option to either fight to his death or try to run. He honorably chooses to fight to his death. In reading previous posts, I completely agree with Grant, Brendan, and Tommy. If I were ever faced with a life or death situation, I can only hope that I would be brave enough to stand up to whatever is in front of me. Most people think that they can comfortably say that they would be brave enough, but I am unsure of anyone (including myself) that says that without ever being in that situation. One character that exhibits this bravery is one that we all know. William Wallace shows tremendous courage when leading the Scots against their enemy. I think that if we were faced with a similar situation we would all hope that we are as brave as Wallace. Macbeth actually does stand up against his enemy in a comparable way and salvages what little honor he has left at this point in the story.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with your point that no one really knows how someone feels until they are put into that situation. MacBeth's decision of fight instead of flight was the right decision for him. Even though he was killed, he died honorably and for his country. It is better to be known as brave instead of a coward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with you Mr. C, I do not feel he has a choice to run or fight, to choose an honorable death or a cowardly flight, I feel this way because his fate has already been foretold, and he cannot escape his fate. He was to die when the trees advanced toward him which has happened, so there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with this post. I can see the connection to William Wallace besises the fact that they are both from Scotland. Macbeth does decide to fight at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with wagner once again he was not making a brave choice he was mad at fate and had given up on life his act was not brave or strong it was simply giving up in almost an act of suicide.

    ReplyDelete