Monday, March 9, 2009

Reaction to Grant's post who reacted to Tommy's


Alongside Grant and Tommy on this topic, I too would have chosen to stand my ground and face death in the face with honor, with hope that somehow I could overcome the obstacle. Macbeth faces 2 options in this life or death situation. He could either choose to run and think of himself as a coward or stand his ground and fight to the death. This concept of either running from the problem or standing and fighting it with honor is a problem we all face every single day. Every day you come upon a problem that you can either choose to keep your dignity and pride and fight for what you believe in or you can choose to coward out and let the other person win. Although it may not be as serious as what Macbeth faces, the general concept of the idea is the same. In the movie "300" King Leonidas could have chosen to accept the peace conditions and surrender land so there would be no war. But he chose to stand his ground and fight for his honor and for what he believed in instead of accepting and giving in. If I was proposed to such a decision, although extreme difficulty in making it, I believe I would choose to stand and fight.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with BrenDAN in that Macbeth does have to make some tough decisions. King Leonidas is a great comparison because he faces the same dilemna that Macbeth does. Also i believe that BrenDAN would run away like a little girl, unlike what he said in his post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For starters I believe that this post has way too much bias everywhere. Macbeth is dillusional not valiant. King Leonitus knew he was to die, while Macbeth thought he was invincible. Also I disagree with the concept that one faces a fight or flight position everyday. Other than that just throw in a few P-Hats and whiskers and this post becomes superb. I also would like to say that this post is skewed to the right so you need to fix that.

    ReplyDelete