Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Characterization- Macbeth


Macbeth's character changes greatly throughout the play. In Act I Macbeth appears to be an Honorable Fighter. He is awarded for his bravery in battle and is granted rule of Cawdor by King Duncan. Then in Act 2 Macbeth Murders Duncan, Macbeth vacillates the idea of killing Duncan and Feels great remorse after the paroxysm of anger he killed Duncan in. Then in Act 3 Macbeth does not waver on his decisions and tries to convince two men who he considers paltry to murder Banquo. Just within the First three acts Macbeth greatly changes. He was once loyal to Banquo and fought with him at his side and he wants Banquo dead. This also shows how Macbeth is bolder with his actions because he is openly calumniating Banquo who he has asked to be one of his advisors. From the first Act to the third Act Macbeth changes from a honorable warrior to a Cynical King who is plotting to murder one of his closest friends.

1 comment:

  1. Ben,
    I think u have a good understanding of the play. But i think that you are trying to summarize the entire play in this post. I understand why because you only have one post but thats ok. I think maybe you should get a couple more of these posts so you can get a better grade in this class.

    ReplyDelete