Friday, February 27, 2009

Internal Conflict

In Act III Macbeth is faced with an internal conflict. The guilt that he has from killing King Duncan, and now how Macbeth plotted a murder against Duncan for his knowledge about his prophecies. Because of this internal conflict Macbeth is weak and can no longer sleep and is having hallucinations. Macbeth is feeling a huge amount of guilt. He is trying to prove to the ghost of "Banquo" that he is innocent. He is slowly dieing from the inside out because of his guilt.

2 comments:

  1. Your post brings up a good point. Macbeth was struggling with an internal conflict from the murders he was responsible for. He was also weak and did experience hallucinations, however I would not say that Macbeth is trying to prove to Banquo's ghost that he is innocent. I believe that since it is an internal conflict that it would be Macbeth trying to prove to him self that he is not guilty of the murders. I also think that you need to expand on the topic more since your post was on the short side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post was very confusing at times but I do agree with the overall concept of it. Macbeth felt guilty for most of the play. You touched on how and why he felt guilty. I felt like the examples were well used.

    ReplyDelete